Who doesn’t love a wine and food show right?! And this weekend we are spoiled with having one that is literally a stones throw from Ottawa.
This year Le Rendez-vous des saveurs is celebrating its 19th anniversary held at the Casino Lac-Leamy. Like many wine and food events, Le Rendez-vous des saveurs goal is to attract foodies and wine lovers from all over. Rendez-vous des saveurs wants to showcase talented chefs, highly regarded eateries, culinary professionals as well as highlight local and seasonal products from the Gatineau region.
Savour a variety of products and specialties of some of the area’s best restaurants and exhibitors as we take the time to celebrate our local savoir-faire!
– Le Baccara (Friday and Saturday evening)
– Arôme grillades et fruits de mer
– Le Cellier (Sunday, from 11am to 4 pm)
– Le St-Estèphe fin traiteur
– Le Rituel
– Les vilains pêcheurs
– Gy resto (Sunday, from 11am to 4 pm)
– Brasserie Beau’s
– Domaine Pinnacle
– Treasury Wine Estate
– Vignoble Carone
– Vignoble du Clos Baillie
– Les 2 raisins
– Marques Constellation, Québec
– AOC Languedoc
And everything in-between
– Amandes de Maribel
– Fromagerie de Montebello
– Laiterie de l’Outaouais
– Fromagerie coop St-Albert
– Miss Marmelades
– Le fou des noix
– Rochef Chocolatier
And just because I couldn’t resist tempting you…I was able to find out some dishes that you will be able to nibble and indulge on.
From Le Rituel, Chef Jean Philippe Ménard will be preparing:
• snow crab arancini with a green apple salad
• bison tartar with mushrooms and truffle vinaigrette served with frites
• salmon gravlax with creamy goat cheese on a citrus blinis with fennel and marinated red onions and fried capers
• Chai tea and pumpkin crème brûlée
From Arôme, grillades et fruits de mer, Chef : Jérôme Brandt-Bailly will be preparing:
• white bean soup with wild boar lardon and truffle oil
• steak cooked sous-vide with potatoes served with a Jack Daniels sauce and pickled beets
• Tuna tatakai served with a marinated shitake mushroom and coriander salad with a jalapeño coulis
• duck confit and celeriac purée served with crispy duck skin chips
That’s all the temptation you get for now…hope that teased you enough to want to discover and enjoy this event!
Date and Time: Opening Friday, October 16th: 4pm to 10pm
Saturday, October 17: Noon (12pm) to 10pm
Sunday, October 18th: 11am -pm
Where: Casino Lac-Leamy Theatre (1, Casino Blvd., Gatineau)
Admission: $12 (must be 18 years of age)
This includes: A free INAO tasting glass for sampling the different wines and spirits at the event
– Access to all vendors and exhibitors, as well as all free culinary demos
– An entry coupon for a trip for 2 to NYC
Tasting tickets/coupons: $1 each (wine, spirits, beer and food) Sampled product prices are at the discretion of the exhibitors. Expect to pay $4 per plate, wines about five or six tickets (although rare and premium vintages can cost considerably more). It is estimated that each person can reasonably expect to spend about 40 tickets.
There are also several tasting workshops and multiday passes that can also be purchased. The passes can be purchased online or at the Rendez-vous des saveurs entrance.
See you there and bon appétit!